Dobroov is a small village above Náchod, first noticed in 1415. About a quarter from the village in a height of 624m Jirásek chalet with an outlook tower is standing out. Ancient hut from 1895 was replaced by the new tourist chalet built in "rustic art nouveau" style by Duan Jurkovič design. The headstone was insert on January 9th 1921 with a great feast and the whole work was finished in 1923. (More details see "Look - out towers of Orlické mountains and foothills")
The village is surrounded by an artillery fortress residues. Unfinished construction of Dobroov fortress belong to the border fortification system engineered in 1936-38. Artillery casemate Zelený (Green) and infantry casemate Můstek (Foot bridge, photo) with some of deep-level chambers are now open to public. From Dobroov an educational path along the line of heavy forts to the next infantry casemate museum N-S-82 Březinka (Birchwood, photo) is set up.
Ves Dobroov - history of village
Tvrz Dobroov - pages of fortress
N-S-82 Březinka - detailed description of blockhouse