Orlické hory
Česká verze English
Luisino Údolí
 
Eagle mountains - Luisino Údolí and Deštné, postcard from 1960s, (H)
Eagle mountains - Luisino Údolí and Deštné, postcard from 1960s, (H)

Upland village (876m) below Velká Deštná formerly part of Jedlová (Firwood) used to be woodmen's colony.

In 1828 a proprietor of Solnice domain Anthony Slivka cavalier of Slivice denominated the village after his mother and on 25.9. 1845 has inaugurate here a glasswork Anna works, named after his wife. Exactly, previously an older glassworks was situated here. White Friars found it in 1773 but later it has perished. Digging basement for the new Anna works, workmen hit against ancient walls and discovered well preserved cellar with number of goblets . Exhibited during the opening ceremony they came about a tidy admiration. Even this new glassworks perished to the end of 19th century, buildings were used for an inn, gamekeeper's lodge and later to recreation.

 


Zpět - Back - Züruck